The Virginia Center for Behavioral Rehabilitation (VCBR) was opened in 2003. Operated by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS), it provides a secure environment for the treatment of adults deemed to be Sexually Violent Predators. Residents of VCBR are former DOC inmates who have undergone a rigorous selection, evaluation and civil commitment process, and who are determined by a court to present a significant risk for sexually reoffending. VCBR residents undergo intensive treatment aimed at reducing their risk so that they can be returned to the community, where they will be closely supervised
Mission Statement: VCBR provides recovery, opportunity, and support to residents so they may safely return to their communities.
Vision Statement: VCBR will be the model treatment facility of Sexually Violent Predators in the nation.
VCBR Values: We believe we can best fulfill our vision and accomplish our mission by demonstrating and living the following values
· Performing work that is purposeful and fulfilling
· Exemplifying professionalism, ethical, and high moral standards of conduct
· Demonstrating a commitment to the facility’s mission
· Being team players and supporting one another
· All people should be treated with dignity and respect
· Individuals served should receive needed services that result in good outcomes
· People should be empowered to make informed choices
· Provide evidence based treatment
· Focus first on the individual being served
· Responsiveness to external stakeholders
· Partnership and Collaboration
· Professionalism, Integrity, and Trust